Rogerwilco (Pty) Ltd
Company Registration Number 2015/144405/07
We value the privacy of all customers who visit our CX report website. Protecting your privacy is our priority. When you submit your personal information, you permit us to use it as stated in this policy.
Please read this policy carefully as it provides you with information on how we collect, process and use the personal data of customers who visit our website. We’ve compiled it in terms of the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 (POPI Act), which aims to promote the protection of personal information processed by public and private bodies and introduce certain conditions to establish minimum requirements for the processing of personal information.
Rogerwilco (Pty) Ltd is a digital performance marketing and web development services organisation. Our CX report website is designed to provide you with industry-related data in the form of reports. To access this data, you will be required to add personal information.
The type of data we collect, process, store and use
We collect, process, store and use information voluntarily provided to us through this site. Some personal data may be optional, and in such a case, we will tell you and ask for your consent to process it. In all other cases, if you fail to provide the requested personal data, we may be unable to process or respond to your application, query or service. The types of data we collect, process and use are as follows:
- Full names.
- Contact information (e.g. email address and mobile numbers).
- Records of products and services you’ve obtained or registered for and how you use them.
- The relevant technology used to access or manage the products and services you’ve obtained from us (e.g. mobile phone location data, IP address, MAC address).
How we use your personal data
We collect, process, store and use your personal data to:
- Provide you with our tailored products and services
- Promote our products and services to you and others.
- Evaluate your needs related to our products and services to ensure we deliver only what you need and in the quality that meets your expectations.
- Research and make predictions about future probabilities and trends to help us make informed business decisions about the products and services we deliver to you.
- Provide you with support in the event where we may need to respond and resolve issues related to the products and services delivered to you by us.
How long we store personal data
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purpose for which they were collected or comply with legal or regulatory requirements.
Your rights and how you can exercise them
We collect, process, store and use your personal information legally and in a reasonable manner that doesn’t infringe the privacy of your data. Moreover, as stipulated in the POPI Act, you have the right to protect your personal information from processing that is not in accordance with the POPI Act. Should you wish to exercise your rights under the conditions stipulated in the POPI Act, you’re entitled to:
- Request access to the personal data processed and stored by us.
- Request fixing of errors or update any details of the personal data you have provided to us.
- Request the deletion of the personal data you have provided to us.
- Withdraw consent to the collection, processing, storage and use of your personal data.
- Lodge a complaint with us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or alternatively 021 975 8181/010 045 0316.
- Lodge a complaint if you believe that we are using or processing your personal data unlawfully. You may, as stipulated in section 39 of the POPI Act, submit a complaint to the Information Regulator, which must be made in writing, alleging interference with the protection of your personal data.
How do we ensure that your personal data is safe from unauthorised parties?
We have put in place appropriate measures to provide security to your personal data collected, processed, stored and used by us.